- 450g boneless turkey, in chunks for stewing
- 100 ml dry white wine
- 600g canned whole peeled tomatoes
- 30g Mediterranean pitted black olives
- a few slices of dried porcini mushrooms, chopped
- chili flakes (optional)
- 3-4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, lightly crushed
- a few bay leaves
- several sprigs each: rosemary and sage
- salt and pepper
Heat the oil with the garlic and herbs in a deep frying pan until they are fragrant and the garlic is golden. Add the turkey chunks, and let them brown, stirring from time to time. It should only take a few minutes.
Add the white wine and cook over moderate high heat until it evaporates; then add the tomatoes, 2-3 tablespoons of water, the olives and the mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper (and a pinch of chili flakes to taste).
Cover and braise the turkey stew over a low heat for about 20 minutes. Check the cooking every now and then: if the sauce is thickens too much, add a little water.