- 500g soft cheese (Robiola or similar) or fresh ricotta
- 6 canned whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 roasted and deseeded red pepper
- 1 clove of garlic
- 50 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- chili pepper flakes (optional)
- a few leaves of basil
Puree the whole peeled tomatoes with the red pepper and garlic; slowly add the olive oil, salt, and chili pepper flakes (if using), to taste.
When smooth, place in a saucepan and heat, cooking over a medium heat until the sauce has thickened for about 5 to 10 minutes.