- 250g fresh lasagne sheets
- 1 litre tomato passata (pureed tomatoes)
- 1 large courgette, cut into fine dice
- 1 small yellow pepper, cut into fine dice
- 200g shelled peas (fresh or frozen)
- 1 small onion, chopped finely
- 1 carrot, chopped finely
- ½ glass of white wine
- 300g mozzarella, chopped coarsely
- 80g freshly grated parmesan
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
Heat a deep frying pan over low heat and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. Soften the chopped carrots and onions in olive oil in a saucepan over low heat, then add the finely diced courgette, pepper and peas. Sauté the vegetables for 5 minutes over medium heat and season with salt and pepper.
When the vegetables are cooked, add the white wine and let it evaporate. Add the tomato passata, a glass of water and the bay leaf and bring to a boil. Then turn down the heat and simmer for 20-30 minutes until the vegetable sauce has thickened. Taste it and adjust the seasonings as needed.
Preheat the oven to 180°C. Spread a layer of the vegetable sauce on the bottom of a rectangular oven dish and then start layering the lasagna. Each layer of pasta should be topped with the vegetable sauce, a few pieces of coarsely chopped mozzarella and some Parmesan until all the ingredients are used up. Finish the dish with the sauce and a generous helping of parmesan.
Bake for 20 - 25 minutes. Switch to the grill function for 5 minutes before taking it out of the oven.
Take the lasagne out and let it rest for 5 minutes before serving.